Science and technology have truly changed our world by transforming the way we live, work and communicate. Quality studies in Science , Technology , Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) will prepare you to be a leader of the future.
Study STEM at a Queensland Government school
Studying STEM subjects is the first step to becoming the scientists, medical personnel and engineers of our future. Not only that, if you study STEM subjects, you can develop advanced analytical skills that will help you succeed in any career.
Queensland Government schools are a great place to study STEM subjects in a classroom and through other activities. We have excellence programs and after school activities to bring students to the forefront of science, innovation and technology.
You can study 1, 2 or 3 STEM subjects but if you study all 4 subjects, you will be a STEM student. Alternatively, you can focus on a singular discipline, but still study all four subjects. If you add the creative discipline of the arts to your subject mix, you will be a STEAM student.
Why study STEM subjects?
- To choose from a great range of interesting and rewarding careers. For example, doctor, marine biologist, software designer, architect, aerospace engineer, food scientist, and many more.
- For the opportunity to work in different environments, from hospitals and offices to remote research stations or even outer space!
- To help solve global issues, like discovering cures for deadly diseases and more productive methods of growing food.
- To gain skills highly valued by employers all over the world.
- Because 75% of the fastest growing occupations need people with STEM skills.
- To enjoy a higher starting salary than many other bachelor degree graduates.