Queensland is committed to providing a world-class education that nurtures excellence, fosters innovation and celebrates diversity.
Participating in an elite science study tour program provides students with the opportunity to benefit from our commitment to developing ‘super scientists’ of the future.
Selected schools across Queensland offer innovative science programs so students can undertake advanced studies in a specific scientific field. Elite science study tours are customised to meet the specific needs of students wanting to further their scientific skills and knowledge in the following subject areas:
- chemistry and biotechnology
- health and biomedical science
- environmental studies
- marine science
- agriculture and horticulture.
Programs combine scientific research and practical activities in a variety of purpose-built and natural learning environments. Many schools boast specialised science laboratories with world-class equipment, while others enjoy being near unique natural environments where students can further examine and expand their knowledge in marine and earth sciences. All programs are individually designed and hosted by schools which best match the visiting group’s desired educational outcomes.
Queensland has strong research infrastructure and world-class institutions, attracting some of the best and brightest researchers in the world. Elite science programs incorporate experiential learning opportunities and site visits to local institutions and dedicated learning centres directly related to the group’s focus area. School-based learnings are enriched by interactive visits to:
- local universities
- biomedical research and health science institutes
- CSIRO Science Education Centre (incursion activities)
- outdoor and environmental education centres (day visits and overnight camps)
- Currumbin Community Farm for hands-on environmental and agricultural studies (farm stay)
- Queensland Museum and Sciencentre
- wildlife conservation centres such as Australia Zoo, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and Reef HQ Aquarium.
For more information about our elite science study tour program please contact the Manager of Study Tours and Professional Visits Unit, Education Queensland International via: