The Department of Education's (DoE) Temporary Residents Admissions Centre (TRAC) assists families with temporary resident visas to enrol in Queensland state schools.
Enrolment of a student in a nominated state primary or secondary school may be dependent on the family being able to meet the requirements of the school's Enrolment Management Plan.
This means students may not be entitled to enrol unless they live within the local catchment area, or meet other eligibility criteria contained in the plan. Other conditions may also affect a prospective student's entitlement to enrolment.
Applicants should check the details of any Enrolment Management Plan for their chosen school prior to making decisions in relation to securing accommodation in Queensland.
Who does the temporary residents admissions centre assist?
- Dependants of international students
- Bridging visa holders
- Tourist visa holders
Application and enrolment fees
Information about application and enrolment fees can be found in the Fee Structure and Exemption Criteria (PDF, 167KB) factsheet.
Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of application to enrol as a Temporary Resident in a Queensland Government school are outlined in the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 250KB) factsheet.
How to apply
The application process is outlined in the Temporary Residents Admissions Centre – Application Process (PDF, 337KB) factsheet. Applications must be submitted using the appropriate application form.
Please apply using the EQI TRAC Application form (PDF, 624KB)
English as an Additional Language (EAL/D) Support
- Dependant children are not entitled to enrol at designated migrant reception centres unless referred by a local school.
- Access to in-school or in-class support from EAL/D staff is determined by the school. If EAL/D support is required the school will make arrangements for the delivery this service.
- EAL/D support is included in the tuition fee.
- Homestay accommodation is not available to students holding a Tourist Visa.
- All dependant/bridging visa students must reside with and be under the care of a parent/legal custodian for the duration of their enrolment.
Temporary Residents Admissions Centre Application for Refund (PDF, 293KB)
Client service standards
The Temporary Residents Admissions Centre aims to consistently deliver quality services to stakeholders of our international student programs delivered in Queensland Government schools. Please take the time to check our commitment to provide you with the highest level of service possible.
More information can be found by at EQI International Student Programs Client Service Standards.