Education Queensland International (EQI) looks to the world to provide outstanding opportunities for professional skills development for Queensland students, teachers and education leaders, and benefits to Queensland school communities.
We engage with international clients to:
- provide curriculum delivery and related services
- help recruit suitably qualified and experienced teachers for employment
- provide global immersion programs and opportunities.
Working and teaching offshore
With the increasing demand for internationalisation in our schools, a variety of offshore teaching and consulting positions present excellent opportunities for professional development. Skills gained by those who take part are highly valued by the Department of Education.
EQI has a role in the recruitment process for these opportunities and has successfully assisted our international clients with teacher recruitment since 1995.
We both recommend teachers and managers to international clients for commercial activities and community development projects. Teachers are then employed directly by international clients.
Employment opportunities arise throughout the year. However, most positions are for the commencement of the Northern Hemisphere academic year, which occurs between August and November and runs through to July the following year. Offshore working/teaching positions are offered on an ad-hoc basis only, subject to client or project requirements.
Expressions of interest
If you are interested in travelling to another country to teach and develop skills such as adaptability, cross-cultural negotiations, self-management and leadership, register your interest by submitting the
EQI working offshore expression of interest form and your CV to email@example.com.
You will then receive information about opportunities as they become available.
Global student and teacher programs
Our students are preparing for a very different future than their parents. To succeed in an interconnected and interdependent world, young people need skills and understanding to connect with other cultures locally and globally.
DE International offers a range of immersive global programs and opportunities for students, teachers, education leaders and Queensland schools each year, delivered online, domestically or via outbound and inbound immersion.
These programs provide:
- opportunities for students to explore new cultures, experience new learning settings, advance language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) skills, become critical and creative thinkers, enhance their knowledge of Australian and world history, and develop qualities to become active global citizens.
- educators with the ability to enhance their cultural understandings and skills to communicate across cultures, contextualise curriculum resources, develop globally competent students and support the internationalisation of schools.
Read more about
global student, teacher and school programs.
For more information, you can contact us:
Telephone: +61 7 3513 5756.