To enter our International Baccalaureate Diploma program, you must show you must have:
- achieved successful academic results in your previous 2 years of study
- demonstrated a high level of English proficiency by:
- submitting an approved English language test result
- providing evidence of secondary studies conducted in English for a minimum of 2 years.
You will also need to attend an interview and sit a general academic test.
Queensland Academies applicants will undertake a
selective entry process (online application), sit an entrance test, and if shortlisted, attend an interview. Places are awarded on merit.
For more details please refer to the
entry requirements standard (PDF, 630KB).
Queensland Academies selective entry process
You must decide which Academy
best suits your interests by reviewing the subjects on offer.
- Apply to EQI to meet program requirements.
- Apply for the
Queensland Academies year 10 enrolment.
- Queensland Academies will manage the selective entry process.
- Queensland Academies will advise EQI if you have been successful to be offered a place.
- Normal EQI process will continue (i.e. offer, payment, and confirmation of enrolment).
Fees apply to our International Baccalaureate Diploma program. You may also need to pay additional fees for school uniforms, homestay, excursions and tours.
Read more about fees.
Application and start dates
Different application cut-off dates apply, depending on when you want to start studying in Queensland. You must apply before these cut-off dates for your application to be considered. Check the cut-off dates in
EQI application cut-off dates by country.
The start dates for our International Baccalaureate Diploma program are:
- January for the 2-year high schools program (in Years 11 and 12).
Read more about
Queensland Academy application and start dates
Application to enrol dates are:
- for QASMT or QAHS apply to EQI by 15 January in the year prior to commencing
- for QACI apply to EQI by 15 May in the year prior to commencing.
The start dates for the Queensland Academies International Baccalaureate Diploma program are:
- January for the 3-year high school program (in Years 10, 11 and 12).