If you have a demonstrated ability in football (soccer), then our football excellence program will help you to pursue your sporting dreams.
It’s an elite training and coaching program for gifted and talented sporting students that helps develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to enable you to compete successfully in football at the highest level.
The program provides an opportunity to develop game skills and offers exposure to all facets of football, from administration to team management, so that you can have a genuine career pathway.
The program is conducted at school as a subject under Health and Physical Education (HPE). While addressing general health and personal development outcomes, the curriculum also focuses upon specific football-related elements such as nutrition, fitness, injury management and prevention, goal setting, careers in sport and both, junior coaching licences and refereeing licences.
You will receive tuition and coaching in player development, strength training, games, nutrition and sports psychology.
Some schools also offer successful students a Certificate II or III in Sports and Recreation as part of the course of study in Year 10 and 11.
Future prospects for students completing the program include:
- representative football (offers the opportunity to participate in competition throughout Australia and internationally)
- tertiary studies in leisure, sport and recreation, human movements and physical education
- football coaching, sports administration and managerial positions are possible
- entry to the Australian Institute of Sport program is possible for exceptionally talented players
- school-based traineeships may also be available in some schools for students while completing Years 11 and 12.
find a school page to find schools that offer the football excellence program.
Watch the video below to hear from students enrolled at
Chancellor State College who participate in the program.