A competency-based professional visit program—education competency is designed to provide professional adult training for international educators who wish to advance or acquire new professional skills.
This is an intensive training program intended for capacity building for people with an education and training background. Once a training topic is nominated, Education Queensland International (EQI) can source appropriate facilitators and design a suitable training solution to meet specified objectives and budget.
This program can be delivered in a variety of formats including workshops, seminars, school visits, case studies, coaching and mentoring. While the program can be delivered on a minimum of one full day basis, it is usually most effective spread across 5 to 10 institutional days.
One of the key advantages of this program is that EQI can access up to 66,000 highly skilled staff members, including many award winning educators and education programs. This program offers concentrated training delivered by a variety of skilled people.
Program topics and features
Some popular topics include:
- Queensland education system
- curriculum development and assessment
- special or inclusive education
- pedagogy / teaching methodology
- early childhood education
- school and performance management
- the principal as an educational leader
- teaching and learning audits
- distance education
- literacy and numeracy
- information communication and technology
- multimedia and performing arts education.
Refer to the
program comparison table for additional program features and conditions.
Who should join?
Anyone over 18 can join this program as part of a group. This program is popular among the following types of visitors:
- education and school leaders
- teachers from an overseas country
- government officials or staff from an overseas country
- student teachers
- school administrators.