Congratulations, you are about to begin a wonderful adventure!
Studying in a different country can be one of the most exciting and interesting experiences of your life. To make sure you know what to pack and what to expect, download and read our
In the brochure, we talk about:
- Queensland, our people, culture, customs and lifestyle
- preparing to leave and what to pack
- what to expect when you arrive in Queensland
- what to expect when you arrive at school
- what to expect when you live with a homestay family
- how to stay safe, including in the city, in the bush and around water
- where to get help if you have a problem.
Preparing to live with a homestay family
It’s normal that you would like to know as much about your homestay family as possible before you arrive in Queensland. We will have done our best to match you to a family that you will enjoy living with and they will make you feel very welcome.
Make sure you read the homestay section in the pre-arrival brochure to learn about what it will be like to live with a Queensland family. If you have any questions, ask your education coordinator.
Download our student support app
We also have a dedicated student support app which was designed and built with the help of international students, for international students.
It tells you everything you need to know before you leave your home country, and you can continue to use it while you are in Queensland.