Located in the North of Queensland, Cairns is an important link to Asia and the Pacific, and a global leader in tropical health, environmental management, tourism, aquaculture, marine services, fishing and agriculture.
- Famous for its unique World Heritage sites — the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef — Cairns is also bordered by thriving small towns and rich agricultural land.
- Queensland Government schools in Cairns offer programs that benefit from regional strengths in aviation, marine services, mining and related services, industry processing, health, environmental management, tropical agriculture, medicine, infrastructure and urban design.
- The region’s schools offer pathway programs to TAFE, vocational study and James Cook University, a world leading institute focused on the tropics, marine sciences, biodiversity and tropical healthcare.
- Cairns airport is only 8km from the CBD and has connections to China, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.
- North Queensland offers a relaxed lifestyle in a warm, tropical climate with lots of living space.
Search for EQI schools in Cairns.
- Just 50 km from the city of Cairns, Atherton is a friendly, rural community in the lush tropical highlands of far north Queensland.
- Atherton State High School is renowned for its innovative School of Astronomy that enables students to study university level maths and science programs while still at high school.
- Students can choose from a diverse range of high school programs, including aerospace, agricultural science, Japanese and legal studies.
- The region is a playground for healthy outdoor activities, such as the Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park with 60km of cycling trails.
- Known as the ‘food bowl’ of the tropics, the area is famous for fresh produce, including fruit, beef, coffee, chocolate and gourmet cheese./li>
Search for an EQI school in Atherton