Creating young leaders for tomorrow’s world
The EQI Global Schools Challenge is an international competition providing high school students with a unique opportunity to partner with Queensland Government schools and present solutions to global issues.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- develop their cultural awareness by sharing cultural and global perspectives,
- enhance their global leadership and entrepreneurial skills while navigating global issues; and
- experience the Queensland classroom through various interactive and collaborative sessions.
Summit – participants have the opportunity to engage with plenary sessions, workshops and presentations as part of the two half day summit.
Queensland Government Partner School – international groups will be partnered with Queensland Government schools to form a team.
Virtual Integration – with your Queensland Government partner school to develop your proposal.
Program Learning Outcomes
The EQI Global Schools Challenge will provide participants with the opportunity to develop the following skills:
- Leadership – Identifying own strengths and develop areas for growth
- Problem Solving – Demonstrating that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrating how to initiate and plan a project
- Cross-cultural communication – Demonstrating skills and recognising the benefits of working collaboratively and internationally
- Global awareness – Demonstrating engagement with issues of global significance (project-based approach)
- Decision Making – Recognising and consideration of the ethics of choices and actions.
When is the EQI Global Schools Challenge
The EQI Global Schools Challenge will be held virtually across the globe in March 2021.
Registrations are open from 30 November 2020 – 29 January 2021. Please contact your designated agent or EQI Study Tours at STPV.EQIVirtual@qed.qld.gov.au for more information.
Who can join?
Secondary school (Junior and Senior High School) students aged 13-18 years old.
Minimum of 20 students and maximum of 35 students per group booking.
An English-speaking adult must provide support for the group.
6-19 March 2021
Availability is limited, please contact EQI to discuss further.
EQI Global Schools Challenge is organised through the Study Tours, Professional Visits and Offshore Programs division of Education Queensland International (EQI).
Contact STPV.EQIVirtual@qed.qld.gov.au for more information.