What is a study tour?
Study tour programs provide a unique opportunity for students to gain an invaluable insight into studying in a Queensland Government school. Groups of school students from around the world can experience Australian culture while studying alongside Queensland students and staying in a host family environment.
With a strong emphasis on engaging and interacting with local students and the community, students have the opportunity to develop lasting international friendships and broaden their global perspective.
Programs are tailored to suit the specific needs and focus of each group and combine exciting educational, tourism and cultural exchange activities. Specialised study tour programs are designed to match the academic focus of the visiting group provide students with a unique opportunity to enrich their studies in a globalised context.
Study tour groups visiting Queensland Government schools will experience some or all of the below activities.
- School integration: visiting students join buddies in regular classes and share hands-on activities with local students
- School buddies: opportunity to develop lasting friendships with designated school buddies
Homestay: host families are carefully selected from within the school community by trained school personnel
- English lessons: delivered by qualified teachers, lessons are designed to suit different English levels and group’s focus area
- Specialised lessons: innovative programs focused on science, leadership, sports, music and the arts can be arranged
- Excursions: educational and enriching excursions to discover Queensland’s unique natural environment and world famous tourism activities
- Welcome and farewell functions: students are warmly welcomed and attend a celebratory farewell function with their new friends and buddies
Who can join?
Primary and secondary school students aged 10 to 18 years.
Minimum 10 students and maximum of 20 students per host school. Larger groups can be negotiated and may need to be hosted by more than one school.
An English-speaking escort must accompany each group at each host school to assist with supervision and student support.
Minimum half day to a maximum of 12 weeks.
Flexible start dates during Queensland Government school term dates.
400+ accredited host schools situated throughout Queensland in both metropolitan and regional areas.
Sample study tour program
|Day 1 - Monday||Arrive at international airport. Airport reception service and coach transfer to host school. Official welcome and school orientation. Welcome morning tea with buddies.||Integration into school program.|
Meet host family and begin homestay experience (school or agent arranged).
|Day 2 - Tuesday||English lesson||Integration into school program|
|Day 3 - Wednesday||English lesson||Integration into school program|
|Day 4 - Thursday||Full day excursion to local attraction|||
|Day 5 - Friday||English lesson or half day excursion||Farewell lunch function with buddies and presentation of participation certificates|
|Day 6 - Saturday||Leisure time with host family|||
7 - Sunday
|Leisure time with host family|||
|Day 8 - Monday||Host families deliver students to host school for a farewell function. Coach transfer to international airport for departure.|||
For further information please email us at: