Study STEM at a Queensland Government school
Science and technology have truly changed our world by transforming the way we live, work and communicate. Quality studies in
mathematics (STEM) prepare students to become the architects of the future.
Studying STEM subjects is not only beneficial to future scientists, medical personnel and engineers. Students who study STEM can develop advanced analytical skills that will help them to succeed in highly desirable careers.
Queensland Government schools offer a wide range of STEM subjects, excellence programs and after school activities to bring students to the forefront of science, innovation and technology.
Why study STEM subjects?
- To choose from a great choice of interesting and rewarding careers, e.g. doctor, marine biologist, software designer, architect, aerospace engineer, food scientist and many more.
- For the opportunity to work in different environments, from hospitals and offices, to remote research stations or even outer space!
- To help solve global issues, like discovering cures for deadly diseases and more productive methods of growing food.
- To gain skills highly valued by employers all over the world.
- Because 75% of the fastest growing occupations need people with STEM skills.
- To enjoy a higher starting salary than many other bachelor degree graduates.
Pathways to tertiary study
The high quality teaching and academically rigorous programs offered in Queensland Government schools prepare students for their choice of
tertiary study or training. EQI students can experience university study and even earn university course credit while still at high school.