High School Preparation (HSP) is an intensive English language program that prepares you for mainstream high school studies. HSP helps build your fluency in English in different lesson contexts such as mathematics, science, social studies and literature so you can understand the language used in our mainstream curriculum.
Our HSP program features:
- 10-week modules
- Minimum 20 hours of instruction per week
- Six different levels so you can learn at the right level for you
- Range of learning methods including textbook, video, group discussion and practical activities
- Opportunities to make friends through lessons, excursions and sports
Program length: 10 to 40 weeks (depending on your English level)
Age range: 12 to 18 years
Program entry: At the beginning of any school term (January, April, July, October). An extra Term 5 is also available for High School Preparation.
Entry requirements: For details of age, academic and English language proficiency requirements,
refer to Entry Requirements.
Fees: Refer to our Fee Schedule
CRICOS course code: 078785F
List of schools offering HSP:
HSP Partners: In locations where HSP is not offered, we have partnered with education providers offering English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS). Our partners include:
- Browns English Language School
- Lexis English
- Union Institute of Language
General information: Further inforation about High School Preparation can be found in the HSP Brochure (PDF, 816KB) (RTF, 50KB)
HSP Alumni student stories:
- Apply online - Applying online is fast and secure and can be done at any time of the day or night. There is no application fee to apply online.
- Or, complete the EQI International Student Application Form (PDF, 489KB) and return it to EQI by email to EQInternational@qed.qld.gov.au.
- Or, Find an Agent who will help you select the right study program and complete the application process for you.