HSP is an intensive English language program that prepares you for mainstream high school studies.
HSP helps build your fluency in English in different lesson contexts such as mathematics, science, social studies and literature so you can understand the language used in our mainstream curriculum.
Our HSP program features:
- 10-week modules
- Minimum 20 hours of instruction per week
- Six different levels so you can learn at the right level for you
- Range of learning methods including textbook, video, group discussion and practical activities
- Opportunities to make friends through lessons, excursions and sports
Program length: 10 to 40 weeks (depending on your English level)
Age range: 12 to 18 years
Program entry: At the beginning of any school term (January, April, July, October). An extra Term 5 is also available for High School Preparation.
Entry requirements: For details of age, academic and English language proficiency requirements,
refer to Entry Requirements.
Fees: Refer to our Fee Schedule
CRICOS course code: 078785F
List of schools offering HSP:
In locations where HSP is not offered, we have partnered with education providers offering English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS). Our partners include:
- Browns English Language School
- Cairns Language Centre
- Lexis English
- Union Institute of Language
General information about High School Preparation can be found in the HSP Brochure (PDF, 816KB) (RTF, 50KB)
HSP Alumni student stories:
Ready to apply?
If you are ready to apply for an EQI program, there are two options:
- Apply now – use our online form to apply now
- Find an agent – find an agent near you to help submit your application