Water skills assessment
Download video (right click "Save as…") MP4 format
Download transcript (right click "Save as…") TXT format
Spending time at the pool or beach is part of our Australian lifestyle that you can enjoy while here in Queensland. Swimming and playing in or near the water is fun but you must always be cautious and aware of your own safety.
Education Queensland International (EQI) cares about your wellbeing and has partnered with Surf Life Saving Queensland
(SLSQ) to assess how comfortable you are around water before you dive into a swimming pool or visit the beach.
The water skills assessment is to give you the opportunity to show us your basic water skills in a swimming pool. You will need to demonstrate how well you can float, tread water as well as swimming safely to the edge of the pool using any swimming stroke.
EQI has also engaged SLSQ to deliver a practical Beach Safe activity that combines dry and water based activities. This activity is fun and interactive and is a great way to learn important information about sun, surf and beach safety, whilst also increasing your skills and confidence in the water and on the beach.
You will of course, need permission from your parents to take part in the water skills assessment.
2020 EQI Water Skills Assessment & Beach Awareness upcoming events
In Collaboration with Queensland Surf Life Saving, Education Queensland International is facilitating Water Skills Assessment & Beach Awareness sessions throughout 2020.
Next scheduled events:
No water skills assessment date available at the moment.
Students must come to events with:
- Water-resistant sunscreen applied before commencement of activities;
- Water bottle
- Sun safe and beach appropriate clothing that allows student to get wet.
Terms and conditions:
- Individual signed non-routine travel form must be provided to Education Queensland International (EQInternational@qed.qld.gov.au);
- Individual student registration through the EQI Ivvy Campaign;
- Supervision provided by proficient lifesavers including a supervisor;
- The EQI Water Assessment & Beach Awareness training program is free of charge;
- The cost of the program is covered by our partner Allianz Global Assistance.
- Only students who demonstrate their abilities in all evaluated items are eligible to participate water activities.